I often get asked:
- How did you begin your weightloss journey?
- What made you want to change?
- Is there a quick way of losing weight?
- What do you do in the gym?
These are probably the four most common questions I get asked and now I shall answer for you!
1. My weight loss journey began the morning after a great night out. My friends and I had all been for a night on the town and I thought I looked great id even bought a new top from Evans. Size 28 and I felt confident enough and happy…. Until the next morning.
Here’s the photo.
Wasn’t until my friend posted this on Facebook that suddenly my confidence and happiness had gone. I didn’t recognise this person in this photo. This sad unhappy bloated face looking person. I have always thought of myself as a self confident person and bubbly… I looked at this and I didn’t feel it. I didn’t know this person yet this person was me. I had to do something about it. So I did. I stopped with the excuses like il start next week and I got down to it. In that moment when you truly hate yourself enough to change… Remember that feeling. That feeling will push you to your goal. You never want to feel like that again.
2. What made me change? Well for one that photo certainly did. 😂 and secondly I didn’t want my daughter growing up and following in my footsteps. Seeing how unhealthy I was and seeing that being this big was normal. It is not. I’m all for body love. And I believe that the number on the scales is just that. A number. I believe you should love yourself no matter your size but I also believe you need to be healthy. You need to respect your body. You need to nourish it and take care of it. You have only one body. Use it wisely. I wanted to be a positive role model for my daughter.
3. Is there a quick way to lose weight. Yes! Of course there is. Shake diets and low calorie diets that work quickly but also competely eat away at your muscle tone and make you skinny fat and miserable and makes your excess skin even worse. I honestly hate these kind of diets. I know I’ve been there many times! Speaking from experience.. Do not do this to your body. Do not mess about with metabolism like this. Go seek proper help. A macro coach a nutritionist even slimming world or weight watchers is better than low cal and shakes and the lot. The weight never stays off when you return to normal eating… Ever. It’s not possible to live forever like this and even worse it makes you miserable. Eating well doesn’t mean you have to stop eating out and enjoying life. It just means making more sensible choices! 🙂 I eat so much stuff. Food is my absolute vice. You won’t take it from me. 🙊🙊🙊
4. What do I do in the gym.
When I first started I did a couch to 5k app this gave me the confidence to then join the gym.from there I decided I wanted to weightlift. I did some research and started Jamie easons live fit training programme on bodybuilding.com it was really handy. They have step by step videos of exercises and I even googled the ones I didn’t know. The internet is a great tool for learning on the gym floor! Don’t be afraid to get in there and start lifting. So I did this for 12 weeks and it really worked for me. I tried other programmes too afterwards then began researching different exercises and came up with my own things to do. Recently I’ve got myself a PT coach Luke Andrews at Exclusive PT to teach me powerlifting. For me I want to be as strong as I can. That is my goal. There’s nothing more attractive to me then strength in a woman. Not like he man style but knowing a woman can handle herself and lift heavy is great! If your ever in doubt where to begin go to the gym speak to some trainers and get informed. Research on the Internet or use apps on your phone to help you learn the exercises. Even home DVDs are a start. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is killer!
Any ways I’m off to gym right now so will catch up with you all Sunday if anyone has any questions for me catch me here or on Insta my handle is fatgirlfightingfit or my email is email@example.com
Have a great weekend people!
Aime X I’ve added some before and after photos down below and some photos of me all through my journey!